Kate actress Jackie Matubia wins big at the 2022 Women in Film Awards.
The Women in Film Awards (WIFA) awards ceremony took place on Wednesday evening at the Kenya Cultural Centre.
WIFA aims to bring together women filmmakers in Kenya to provide a space where the diversity of women’s voices, stories and creativity are equally recognized and celebrated. The initiative honors outstanding female filmmakers who have contributed to the growth of the film industry by producing high quality films.
Officiating the red carpet event, WIFA Awards Director Dr. Susan Gitimu commended the women nominees for their individual and collective efforts to boost Kenya’s film industry both locally and internationally. “There is a need for a festival that offers filmmakers from all walks of life the chance to be presented in a truly stimulating light. As we celebrate International Women’s Day, I am here proud and thrilled that we can celebrate these women who have done a tremendous job in the film industry, which has long been known to be a male-dominated field.” she declared.
The full list of winners of the 3rd Annual WIFA Awards are as follows:-
1.Best actress (movie) – Catherine Kamau
2. Best Actress (TV Drama) – Jacky Matubia
3. Best Actress (TV Category) – Angel Achieng
4. Best Director (Film) – Dr. Zippy Okoth
5. Best Director (TV Drama) – Fiddy Wambui
6. Best Assistant Director – Agnes Kola
7. Best Producer (Film) – Dina Mwende
8. Best Producer (TV Drama) -Catherine Wamuyu
9. Best New Producer (Film) – Riziki Ambrose
10. Best Screenwriter (Film) – Oprah Oyugi
11. Best Screenwriter (TV Drama) – Violine Ogutu
12. Best Sound Designer – Daisy Nduta
13. Best Sound Engineer – Diana Kairu
14. Best Editor – Faith Musembi
15. Best Set Designer – Nancy Aluoch
16. Best Host – Mercy Chebet
17. Best Makeup Artist – Elizabeth Gatheru
18. Best Costume Designer – Ruth Maingi
19. Best Documentary Producer – Sheila Mulinya
20. Best Digital Content Creator – Lynn Ngugi
21. Most Influential Woman – Dr. Ann Mungai
22. Best Cinematography – Gash Wanjira